Friday, June 25, 2010

Bucked up again

So, no one asked me for money buck 20-25 and didn't feel inspired to leave it anywhere. First time I had 5 bucks accumulated to give up. Last night, rushing to get to a poetry reading recommended by a friend, left shorts with 5 bucks on bed and threw on jeans. As soon as we left, I remembered the 5 bucks, but didn't have time to turn around. After poetry reading, a women asks me and my husband for....5 bucks! Exactly! She said, "can you give me 5 bucks for food". Whoa. I couldn't believe it and felt terrible because I coulda said, "yessiree, I have exactly 5 bucks in my pocket for just this occasion" I so bucked up. I'm sad. Husband gave her 4 bucks (regular bucks and all from his wallet and not special numbered bucks for giving). I won't leave the house again without my buck/s!

No comments:

Post a Comment