Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Buck 53 - switchbacks

Switchbacks in my neighborhood - who knew? My father-in-law from Chicago did - that's who. J and I went running with FIL and his fancy, pretty dog Chester (a Saluki) when he was visiting from Chicago. He's a runner and runs every visit, but this was the first time we joined him. And whatdayaknow - he takes us on a new route and we discover the switchbacks between Woodberry and Druid Hill Park. What is wrong with us? I can't tell you. I didn't want to run when J got home from work because it was hot and I am a big baby about the heat. But, I did really want to run and just gave myself an excuse to stop if the heat was getting to me. Dropped Buck 53 on the switchbacks. Thank you shady, reasonably inclined, butterfly filled switchbacks for keeping me running.

No comments:

Post a Comment