Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thing 23 - 26: Travel

Hello Kitty change purse, a yeah, I have so many cute little things to contain things. This is old. I think it was used when backpacking Europe pre-Euro to organize all my currencies. I dumped out the random obsolete coins and put them in a cute little box. Now really, I could probably get rid of the coins too, but I would have wanted to look at them first, and what the heck, the cute box was out on the bookcase and empty. AirBerlin plane travel freebie - from our trip to Germany 2008. Awesome trip and great that Jim got to see where I spent Summers, meet relatives, hear me speak German and sausage and beer. Old German deck of playing cards - I have had these since a child, but the cards go from 7 to Ace for some game I don't know how to play. They are very pretty detailed cards, but having never never used them, I am giving them up. I think I thought I would invent a new game - time's up. But, I did take out the small cartoon that I must have put in there some childhood trip to Oma and Opa. A boy is talking to a bird in a cage and says something like "Du kannst auch Sprechen?" and the bird replies "Na klar, and Du, kannst du auch fliegen?" Hil-arious. Nah, I think I was just impressed I could read and understand a random cartoon in the newspaper at 6 or something. And bag from Turkish AFS Ozgur who got sent home early for being intense? I'm not really totally sure, he was intense, maybe undiagnosed ADHD? I guess it was non-adjustment, immaturity issues in the end. I was in the unusual position of being able to appoint a chaperone. How dreamy. I wish I had been sitting at home with no where to be and got that call from me. I called this man named Duke who lived in a trailer that was half buried in a dirt hill in the woods (I'm told) and he has a dentist chair in his living room where he could sorta literally hold his audience captive. Misbehaving AFS boys were sometimes sent to Duke because he could handle it and to scare them straight a bit I think. Duke got to chaperone Ozgur back to Turkey - what a sweet deal. Free flight and AFS Turkey showing you around for a few days. I'm glad I could repay Duke for taking all those intense boys off my hands every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment