Saturday, July 7, 2012

MARIA FIGUEROA + L. VU #2 and #3

Ya know, I don't know what I am doing.  Is that true?  Honestly, I can't be sure.  Maybe I know, maybe I don't.  I'm all right with it though.  I guess this is what I think. For some reason I saved a bunch of these bags, probably because I noticed the names and thought about the people making them.  The reason also has something to do with me always collecting free paper and stuff that I notice, that happens to pass through my hands.  And also that my first job involved working in a factory.  There was a stockpile.  Ideas have been bounced around. I always liked writing dialogue.  For some reason yesterday I wrote an interview with Brenda Nieves, from the bag.  And I left it somewhere.  Hhhmm.  I do know that I like:  paper, reusing stuff, doing stuff on found stuff, writing, people, writing dialogue, my markers, leaving stuff, telling stories (other stuff too of course, but this is about this non-thing I made).  Well, there ya go.  Last night I was eating Ellio's pizza, on china (thanks to tk for introducing the using of the china) and listening to records and writing interviews extemporaneously and passing them to my husband.  Then we watched some tv.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure how I never saw this until now, but did you know that I am OBSESSED with these stamped names on brown paper bags? Have we spoken about this??

    What a perk to working in the bag factory - your name in san serif rubber stamps of VARIOUS SIZES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh Spooky and Cool! Did not know we shared this OBSESSION! And, I quoted your sage advice in this post! DAMN!

      Delete