Monday, December 13, 2010

Thing 12 + 13: book and vase


The Red Tent was given to me by my SIL. Yes, a gift, but it's a paperback book. No one expects you to save those things forever. Pass it along. I love love love my SIL, she is my brother's wife. She reads a lot and we like many of the same authors. Totally get why she got me this book. I once gifted her Not Wanted on the Voyage, a fictional version of the Noah's Ark story. Now that book was insane. I really liked it, but it was definitely disturbing too, but I guess disturbing and me liking are not mutually exclusive. The Red Tent is also a fictional work focusing on the life of Jacob and specifically the women, told through Dinah. It was fine. A little predictable and little too convenient, but fine enough read. I'm a sap though. Got teary when she died, but only because her loving husband was there and I am inclined to think about death more since I married. I'm hoping not to survive my young husband. I get it, if he died, I would survive, I would grieve, mourn and somehow manage to move on. That's what people do the world over and forever. I just can't imagine now how I would go about doing it. Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking gave me a clue of what it would be like. I just don't wanna do it.
Small Vases, how many do you need? I do not need these 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment