Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Things 6,7,8: game and table


A mini-travel magnetic chess set: I have had this travel chess set since I was a child. I do not know how it has stayed with me for so long and so many moves. I do remember the last time I played chess. It was Summer of '96 at the Hostel Kabul in Barcelona; I won. I was not playing on the teeny tiny travel chess board. We were poor and there were cheap pony beers in the vending machine and a chess table in the lounge room. I love getting beer from vending machines and the size made it even better. Anyway, I don't play chess and figure if I am ever going to take it up, I will play with a full size board.
Holiday tablecloth: a gift. Pic allowed because no longer have that huge dining room table or even a dining room.
Crystal candlestick holders: also a gift. Honestly fine enough, but not really my style. It doesn't go with anything we have and room is limited in our small apartment. Off ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment