Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thing 14: comics, what gives?


A follower, holy crap! Dear CB what are you thinking?
Well, I'm at work and it's quiet right now. I have stuff to unpack and unburden myself of at home, but here at work, had to look around a bit. I picked up this comic at Crafty Craft Fair a couple weeks ago. Comics. Now why did I buy this? Well, it was a homemade publications table, which I definitely like. And this one was $1, had a record on it and drawing of wolf headed sheep, so duh, of course I bought it. Nah seriously, I can't totally explain why this appealed to me. Maybe I wanted to give comics another try. Seems like I would love, what do they call it, sequential art, narrative art? I can appreciate the art. I like stories. But for some reason, have never been a comic book reader. And sorry to say, Not X Band did not win me over. Eh, I tried. Don't wanna force it. I'll get it or I won't. I'm pretty busy with all the stuff I love. I'm hoping that new life will afford me more time for my own projects. And collaborations! I have a couple plans that I'm sure I could manage alone, but trying to lure a cousin or friend to collab. I seriously think I am missing out on something. I've never been fond of "group work". I don't like telling other people what to do or expecting someone else to meet my standards. It can be hard sharing a vision. And of course, don't want to disappoint someone else. I guess this will be a test of how well I can communicate my vision and explain expectations while simultaneously making it fun and rewarding for the collaborator. I'm gonna try.

No comments:

Post a Comment