Monday, April 11, 2011

Making favors: owl cookies

So my lovely SIL (sisterinlaw) who gifted me the wedding announcement cards from the last post, is having a baby. She is a very thoughtful and crafty person. She knit me an awesome scarf and bag and regularly saves things that she knows I would like. She's right on with that. So when I offered to make favors for her baby shower I wanted to do a super good thoughtful job. She deserves it! First I tested an America's Test Kitchen butter cookie recipe because I had been meaning to learn anyway. The cookies were great and I then had to make a couple more batches for the favors after the test batch. That was mornings of dough making and nights of cookie cutting, rolling and baking and then a final night for royal icing piping and flooding. That sh*t is a lot of work. No regrets! I was in for it, but my neck was killing me. So yellow and green owls because those are the colors and critters she wanted. I then handmade little labels because she always compliments me on my penmanship. Yarn was used to tie the packets up because she's a knitter. And 3 cookies cuz 3 is a magic number (school house rock) and of course they will soon be a family of 3. Yup, I think that's everything. I imbued it with as much meaning as I could. She was very appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment