Thursday, January 22, 2015

Naked Friday Meetings

Maybe people don't like when middle-aged women use the words "nude" and "naked".

Day 2: Tell us about something that’s important to you.

One of the most important things in my life is my marriage. I love it and I work hard at it. And I would never hope for loving without hard work. For me, that’s the beauty.

When my husband and I decided to open a business together, our marriage went through some hard times. We were in the research, planning, discussion phase and every conversation was a disaster. It was awful. I knew if we couldn’t figure out how to communicate as business partners, there was no point in opening a business. But during those hard times, we both wondered privately if it might be the end of our marriage.

The marriage was more important to me. But I believed we could have both. I had to find a solution. First, instead of random business conversations being forced on you, I decided we should meet weekly. Then, I decided we should be naked. I figured, it would be damn hard to maintain animosity in the face of nudity. The tone changed. The weekly meetings helped. It got to be a habit we loved. Every Friday, take your clothes off, grab your notes and meet in bed. It saved our business communication and actually helped our marriage communicatin’ too.

No comments:

Post a Comment