Saturday, January 24, 2015

Stay Free

Day 5: What advice would you give for getting unstuck?


I’ve gotten myself unstuck many a time. The situations were different and so were the plans, decisions and solutions. This is how I go about it.

Admit I am stuck. Then think about the most glorious way of unsticking. Sometimes just thinking about the actions that would make me proud, gets me moving in the right direction. I focus on my next step, the action I can take that will get me moving. That alone, the action, immediately makes me feel better. Sometimes I realize I can just walk away that minute. Sometimes I need to plan for it.

For me, feeling stuck is so awful that anything I have to do seems worth it. Along the way, the steps become clearer and I build momentum. Then there I am, on the other side of stuck, feeling all smart and accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment