Sunday, January 25, 2015

Not challenging

Day 7: What are you taking with you from this Challenge?

I'm not really taking anything away from this challenge. I haven't even figured out yet how to get my post on the tumblr (but I suppose I don't really care). We'll see if this one prompts a verification email. I did figure out what WYSIWYG tho', so that's cool.

I've gone ahead and posted each question and answer on my own blog, so I did the work and it's there for anyone that cares to look. Because I don't know if my posts made it to the tumblr, I didn't do the #yourturnchallenge promoting, but I haven't read the book, so maybe that's for the best too. I read Seth Godin's blog regularly and it reinforces my own ideas and feelings right now, and I appreciate that very much. I wanted to do the challenge as an act of repayment for keeping me focused on what I believe, even when it's hard to believe. I don't really buy things anymore, and don't have an allowance right now and the book isn't at the library - so I will read it or not, when it's possible.

I guess I chose myself a long time ago. All those stupid and brilliant decisions, they're all mine. I've never felt that institutions or society knew more than I did about what was best for me. Looking back on my life, I feel like I made the right decisions for me. And if I was making decisions in my 20's that seem brilliant now, why shouldn't I think the decisions I am making at 50 will seem equally brilliant to me when I'm 80. Guess I will find out, or not. Today, I am proud of myself.

1 comment:

  1. your posts have been read,and approved, thank you for participating :)

    ReplyDelete