Sunday, August 8, 2010

Buck 60 - Harbor East

Harbor East is a whole new neighborhood. It didn't exist when we first moved down to Baltimore. I worked in Harbor East until I stopped working. I was sort of fascinated by it. Who are these harboreasters? Living in a new harbor view condo, buying groceries at Whole Foods, catching a film at the Landmark, dining at Charleston, shopping at Urban Chic. I'm thinking they exist. But I haven't spotted one yet. Maybe they are rare or nocturnal. Or I can't recognize them. But I would try to imagine being a harboreaster. If I left work for lunch and walked a certain route and went to a new lunch spot in a new harbor east building, for a minute, I could feel like I was in a completely other city. I would pretend I have a sophisticated urban career and I lunch with my sophisticated urban colleagues. It's not like you could maintain that feeling for very long! Maybe a few seconds at best and maybe you had to blur out the background. I had to find ways to amuse myself like that. Especially because nothing about me or my job was sophisticated.

I was excited to visit Harbor East on Friday. I was meeting some of my favorite sophisticated colleagues at TF for HH. If you don't know what TF is, you are not a harboreaster. If you don't know what HH is, aw man, I'm hoping ya call it something else and actually partake but just have a cooler short hand for happy hour. I don't really like TF, but it is so much better when you are going to meet old work friends and drink cheap beer than when you feebly decide to eat lunch there because you suck and are lazy and mad at yourself for spending money on food you don't want. Anyway - had fun drinking and catching up with Steph, Robyn and Denise. Dropped Buck 60 on the street in Harbor East.

No comments:

Post a Comment