Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Buck 71 - wrong pocket

I have old gold jewelry. That would seem strange if you knew me. In the early 80's I worked at a jewelry store. And when you spend lots of time working in a retail establishment, you spend some of that time shopping at said establishment. It was the 80's; I wore lots of gold jewelry. I sold some of it off for cash before moving to Baltimore. No regrets. So I went through the gold jewelry I haven't worn since the 80's and did a deeper cull. Still saved a few things because I think I might wear it in the future. We'll see. It's kinda depressing selling stuff, even if you don't want the stuff. So the bag o' gold got carried around in my bag for weeks. Well, after emptying bank accounts to buy house #2, putting some cash in my pockets just felt right. I drove up to Joppa Road to sell my gold. As I strategized (what do I expect to get, do I need to get 3 quotes, can I come up with an amount that will be acceptable to avoid doing this more than once) I almost missed the man at the Perring Parkway/Joppa Road intersection. I saw him with his sign and quickly reached for a buck as the light changed. He got Buck 71, out of sequence. I pondered what that meant. I decided it meant nothing. Sold my gold at the first place I went. Sang Heart of Gold as I walked back to my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment