Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bucks 77 - 80 Haute Dog


Hot Dogs again! I know, crazy. Guess it is Summer and all, but this Summer hot dogs just keep making appearances. The fittingly named Haute Dog is way fancier than Doughy Dog. I got a 1/4 lb. angus beef dog, with onion jam, a home-made tomato-y ketchup-y sauce and mayonnaise. Mayonnaise! The owner said the French like it that way and he has to have mayo on hand for them. I guess it is right next door to Bonjour Bakery, so maybe Falls Rd at Lake is a destination for Frenchies in the area? Who knew? I love the French. And so when the hot dog man said if I want to feel French I should try the mayo - I fell for it. He knew how to sell me mayo on my dog. All this talk of mayo is reminding me I do have a friend, Angela, who is awesome, and she LOATHES mayonnaise. It practically makes her skin crawl and this girl will eat anything! Seriously, like maybe a rat or grilled bird in Guinea - Bissou (from Peace Corp days). But back to my dog. The roll was nicer than your typical hot dog roll, not split, but a hole in the center warmed on a protruding metal bunholemakerandwarmer. My dog rocked. But hey, this ain't no stinkin' food blog, so I won't go into details about J's 2 dogs (but I have to say one was bison meat). I will look to see where I should post feedback about Haute Dog. Gots to support small biz! J paid, so I reached in my pocket and left Bucks 77 - 80 in the tip jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment