Monday, August 9, 2010

Buck 67 - exploring

I don't know what happened, but had the worst run of my life last night. My knees hurt the second I started, got a stitch in my side that I couldn't get rid of and it was really hot and humid. I was very tempted to just go home, but Jim was running circles around me and I was happy to be out with him, so I accepted fast walking and encouraged Jim to keep going. Because I wasn't running, I could actually go further, so we explored beyond the switchbacks and followed the path into Druid Hill Park. Exploring is usually fun. I like the not knowing where you will end up or what you will find. We followed the path and came out at the Maryland Zoo. 3rd time in a week that I have been at or passed a Zoo. That is unusual, so dropped Buck 67 in the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment