Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Buck 68 - viking by Rocket to Venus

J and I went to Rocket to Venus last night to meet a former colleague of mine. He was returning my Fishing with John dvd and we used that as an excuse to have a few beers. I ordered first, a Boh and then J ordered a fancy Hefeweizen to which I replied, "whoa, we have money for fancy beer? why I gotta drink Boh?" J switched to Boh for his next beer, but I hope he still enjoyed his fancy beer with orange slice. On the way to meeting Brent, we passed a dude on his stoop. He was a dude, whatever that means. His hair was long and he had braided a section in the front on each side of his face. I couldn't believe it! It looked sorta viking-like. And my husband, who has had all variety of facial hair recently said, "I think I'm gonna bring the viking look back" and then we see a dude with viking-like hair. I'm sure J interprets that as a sign that he's on to something. How do I feel about it? That's who I married, he does stuff like that, I love who I married, I am amused. I'm not really sure what the "viking look" is, but I'm down. So, drinks and bass players talking about basses and me feeling pretty happy enjoying my Boh.

As we left Rocket to Venus I was planning to drop my buck there, but in the dark next block it looked like our viking was still on his stoop. I let Buck 68 slip from my right hand as we passed the viking. While we were drinking he added more braids to his hair. So he was less viking-like, but still deserved a buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment